Lake Placid Club Grandview
I recntly traveled to Lake Placid, NY and I stayed at the Lake Placid Club Grandview. I would definitely stay here again. This hotel is located high on a hill so the views from the hotel are gorgeous. The picture below taken from downtown Lake Placid shows the htoel high above.
When you go downtown you can walk down the road or take the long staircase, or do what I did and drive down the hill and then park in one of the many public parking lots. There is also lots of tsreet parking downtown as well as the parking lots.
I spent lots of time just sitting outside enjoying the mountain views, There was a patio with a fire pit and lots of tables and chairs to relax. These were some of the outside views
When you are in the mountains you are bound to get some rain, which it did each morning I was there, but this hotel had plenty of places to sit and relax indoors. The lobby area had a nice big fireplace with lots of comfy chairs. The first picture shows a bob sled that was used in the 1932 Olympics which took place in Lake Placid
Each morning I got a complimentary cup of tea from the hotel breakfast place, MacKenzie's, and then sat in the window enjoying the view with my cup of tea.
The hotel served a breakfast buffet for $17 from 7 am to 11 am. There were so many choices. There was an omelett station where a chef was ready to make your omelett with whatever ingredients you choose. There was french toast, pancakes, scrambled eggs, waffles, bacon, sausage and homefries. There were some cold choices as well including assorted cereals, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, fruit and some hot oatmeal with plenty of ingredients to top off the oat meal. To finish it off you could help yourself to muffins, bagels and danish. Everything was delicious and well worth the $17 price tag.
For Lunch and dinner there was another restaurant called the Great Room. This place had incredible mountain views and good prices. I got a decent size french onion soup for $10 and it was delicious with so much cheese. Hamburger was served with fries and cost of $18. The portion size was so large I couldn't finish all my food.
The hotel also had a decent size workout room right next to the pool area. I always enjoy ending my day in the hot tub. The pool area was open 10 am to 9:30 om.
This hotel also has a private beach located on Mirror Lake. This is a 2 minute drive from the hotel. At the beach you can use a kayak or paddle boards. there are plenty of chairs to relax and soak up the sun. Beach towels are available there and there is a small house with bathrooms.
If you are traveling to Lake Placid, You should stay at Lake Placid Club Grandview.
I paid $596 for two nights.





















Comments
Post a Comment